Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Cookout! Yeah!

Nothing says summer like a cookout over the campfire. Unfortunately, this is something that vegetarians usually have to miss out on, 'cuz hotdogs are hardly veggie fare. Lucky for me, however, I found Lightlife's Tofu Pups, these amazing little tofu dogs that taste just like the real thing. They have that same smoky flavor and even the crispy skin on the outside when you grill them. They're especially perfect on a whole wheat bun. Also during my weekly trip to Whole Foods I happened upon a bag of Elyon All-Natural Kosher Marshmallows. Now, sadly, only pesci-tarians can eat these, since they do contain fish gelatin. I didn't know whether or not I was a pesci-tarian, since I hate fish and never ate it in the first place. I ended up deciding that for the sake of a good marshmallow I would be. Elyon's were amazing! They browned perfectly when toasted and got all lovely and melty inside. Yum! What a perfect summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment