Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nom Nom...Seitan Scarpariello

OK...so tonight my carnivorous parents were making chicken scarpariello. This would be totally cool...if that were not one of my absolute favorite foods from my meat-eating days. I tell you, my mettle was truly tested. But fret not, dear veggies. I found a way. I promptly went to the local health food store and picked up a package of Gardein Chicken Scallopini. I prepared it exactly the way that my parents did their chicken, and it turned out great! I had it along with two of my favorite things: sauteed spinach and good ole  mashed taters. I thought I would share the wondrousness with you guys.

Here's what you'll need:
1 Gardein Chicken Scallopini "breast"
1 clove of garlic
juice of one lemon
parsley
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper

Here's what to do:
1. Sautee the garlic in the olive oil for about 30 second or until you begin to smell it.
2. Add the Gardein cutlet; sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Voila! That's it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment