Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lunch Today

Today was my first day of high school, and since the caf has no veggie options (boo!), I had to pack my own lunch. I'll be telling you guys every day what I had to help you out if you are in a predicament like mine. Why schools can't offer vegetarian options I don't know, but until they do, I'll help you guys come up with fun alternatives. One thing I suggest you invest in is a food jar, which is an insulated container which keeps food hot for up to 6 hours. It is quite a fantastic device. :) Today, for the first day, I brought brown rice with zucchini, butternut squash, pineapple, black beans, and Teriyaki sauce in my food jar. On the side I had some whole wheat pretzels (Snyder's makes really good ones-the Honey Whole Wheat kills me), Yogi Granola Crisps, and an Luna bar. The Granola Crisps basically make me feel like singing, they're so revoltingly amazing. Oh yes. It's true. The irritating thing is that some kid at my school has a peanut allergy, so peanut butter is STRICTLY prohibited. This angers me, since pb is a big protein source for me. Oh well, I'll find creative ways to get around it. Soynut Butter, anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment